IGA Abrasives was founded in 1955 by Donald Kranenberg, Sr. Mr. Kranenberg, a Purchasing Manager at a large automotive
parts supplier, saw a need for an abrasive producer, specializing in internal grinding wheels. The company developed a
manufacturing process and a specification system which resulted in a highly-automated manufacturing system to
produce large volumes of grinding wheels, and later in 1964, honing and dressing products. The company grew over
the years and expanded to a 33,000 sq. ft. facility, where the company is currently located.
In 2006, the company was purchased by S.L. Munson & Company, a manufacturer, importer and distributor of abrasive
wheels and hones as well as offering vitrified and metal bond CBN and diamond products.
With a renewed commitment to our customers and investment in plant facilities and equipment upgrades, the company is
an ideal partner for customers seeking a U.S. based manufacturer of abrasive products who utilizes a systems approach
to process development